Thursday, June 23, 2011

Relentless Heart Motor

I am always and everywhere in favor of nice things happening to people from Newark, and Kenneth Faried's plus-ones were all very welcome. But between Bilas just saying adjectives and Scott describing him as "the greatest rebounder in the history of the modern era," I'm thinking that maybe someone should do something about the microphones.

Although there was a nice moment of confusion by way of Scott's talking about his parents "bringing him to the courts in Newark." My brother-in-law was thinking of those as halls-of-justice type courts, and the mission as being more of a scared-straight type thing. (Also, I'm under no illusions about Faried being anything but a better-socialized Balkman, but 1) I like Balkman and 2) Denver, in J.R. Smith and Faried, now has two epically idiosyncratic Jersey people on their roster, which certainly does not make me like them less)

No comments:

Post a Comment